Navigate Up
Sign In
home |  mail |  workspaces |  moodle |  intranet |  contact 


 Facts and Figures

  • University College Roosevelt is part of Utrecht University and was founded in 2004.

  • 80% of the financial resources go towards education and research.

  • With a tuition fee of € 1000 above the government-set tuition fee, UCR is the least expensive of University Colleges in the Netherlands

  • Each year, UCR receives around 400 applications. Only 200 of those will be admitted after the application process.

  • The total student body at UCR is never larger than 600 students.

  • The average class size at UCR is 23 students.

  • The faculty to student ratio is 1:10.

  • 63 nationalities are represented in the UCR student body during the 2016-2017 academic year.

  • All classes are taught in English.

  • About 55% of students at UCR are Dutch, while the remaining 45% hail from countries from all over the globe. Of the international students, the majority come from Eastern and Western Europe.

  • UCR was named after various members of the Roosevelt family, who hail from the Province of Zeeland, where UCR is located. Our three main academic buildings are aptly named after Franklin D. Roosevelt, Eleanor Roosevelt and Theodore Roosevelt.

  • In 2011, for the first time ever, UCR won the King of the Channel rowing competition against the neighboring university of applied sciences the Hogeschool Zeeland.

  • 10% of students at UCR graduate Summa Cum Laude, 24% with the Cum Laude distinction and 30% with an Honors degree.

  • 80% of students who start at UCR complete the program. 

  • 92% of the graduates have finished UCR within 3 years.

  • When asked whether they would choose again for UCR, 92% of alumni answered with a resounding ‘Yes!’